CBodnar's Photoshop Collection

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nooooo :( its good on gas :D lol Found your dragtime.com entry btw

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Cobalt-Timeslip-18191.html

yeah, that's it's old setup. i haven't been back to the track in a long time. i never launch the car at the track ether. just bug out then go. car should be a low to mid 12 for sure however if i took it back i'd just run a high 12.

also that was before i knew how to tune. i had 40% boost limit in 1st and also 2nd

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Chevrolet_Cruze_by_CBodnar.jpg

to me that Cruze looks ALOT like a scion TC...

2008_scion_tc_main_table1.jpg

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
thinking like that is just plain old stupidity.

that's like saying why did they bother making the 05-07 balt's supercharged? they should of just stuck a turbo on it instead in the first place and it would of made more power. duh

why did they change the neon srt-4 from supercharged to turbo charged? well duh b/c they wanted to make more power. lol

ps. if you didn't already know the srt-4 was supercharged then they finally decided to change it to a turbo to get more power out of the car. also dodge lost money when they sold srt-4's at such a low price. they were hoping to make it back with the aftermarket upgrades from mopar.

just a couple things you might not have known already...

Then we agree to disagree but I think u misunderstand me...........When I say base model i don't mean no power windows no power steering no power locks ect ect, i mean the opposite, i mean to make the LTZ model GM's "Base" model, full range of options that are STANDARD but minimal power/braking/suspension to cut down on price. That 1.4L DI sounds like a good motor, make that the "base" motor with all power options, ESC/ABS/TC, a nice interior with CD/MP3/USB. GM is headed towards this goal with the Cruze but they still have a few extra's that need to NOT be options and at least 1 version that needs to be cut completely. I fully understand the whole price range bullshit but that's all it is, bullshit, a silly ploy to bring more ppl to GM's doorstep buying their vehicles. A good company isn't going to focus on selling as many units as possible, they should be focused on selling a GOOD unit that ppl will keep driving for many many years and when they sell it they are so happy it lasted that long and was such a good car to them that they WANT to buy another GM without looking at the competition as much. Otherwise the customer will hate their POS cobalt at the end and WANT to buy ANYTHING BUT GM.......how is that helping GM? All because they think making 5 models is helping them............

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then we agree to disagree but I think u misunderstand me...........When I say base model i don't mean no power windows no power steering no power locks ect ect, i mean the opposite, i mean to make the LTZ model GM's "Base" model, full range of options that are STANDARD but minimal power/braking/suspension to cut down on price. That 1.4L DI sounds like a good motor, make that the "base" motor with all power options, ESC/ABS/TC, a nice interior with CD/MP3/USB. GM is headed towards this goal with the Cruze but they still have a few extra's that need to NOT be options and at least 1 version that needs to be cut completely. I fully understand the whole price range bullshit but that's all it is, bullshit, a silly ploy to bring more ppl to GM's doorstep buying their vehicles. A good company isn't going to focus on selling as many units as possible, they should be focused on selling a GOOD unit that ppl will keep driving for many many years and when they sell it they are so happy it lasted that long and was such a good car to them that they WANT to buy another GM without looking at the competition as much. Otherwise the customer will hate their POS cobalt at the end and WANT to buy ANYTHING BUT GM.......how is that helping GM? All because they think making 5 models is helping them............

Your idea is still fail man, The reason why there are base models with nothing in them is so they can sell the car for cheap, load it with more options and the poorer population cant afford it....And your claim to put less power for cost is just thinking backwards...

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
they did okay if 911 never happened GM would have had a better time selling the delta line

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Your idea is still fail man, The reason why there are base models with nothing in them is so they can sell the car for cheap, load it with more options and the poorer population cant afford it....And your claim to put less power for cost is just thinking backwards...

The Cobalt wasn't GM's base model tho, that end of things were already taken care of by other models they had which were not that bad for a base model. The cruze won't be GM's base model either so why make so many various models that do the same thing? 3 engines? that's retarded. They need 2 engines, the 1.4L DI and the LNF, that's it, the rest are a last ditch effort to grab a few more customers that won't be happy and end up never buying GM again. GM has too much focus on "Net Sales" instead of customer loyalty and building a GOOD vehicle. Why are Subaru customers so loyal? Because their HAPPY!!!!! People today will PAY to be HAPPY, how else does BMW, Lexus, Benz, ect ect ect, all make such good vehicles? Because their customers are loyal and the companies know those customers will come back and likely bring a friend or family member to them because their so happy. GM does not understand customer loyalty as well as they should for the market they are trying to compete in.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

they did okay if 911 never happened GM would have had a better time selling the delta line

not a chance, the delta line was never going to be popular, just another grab at money selling mass amounts of crap vehicles, say for the LNF ones. GM shat on the ss/sc with crap interior(ss/tc too) and poor supporting parts for those who wanted all out performance. They only partially made up for it with the ss/tc and even then just barely. GM has a long ways to go if they want to compete with the best of the best that is out there in more than just a Corvette.......

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i give you that GM went plain retarded on the interior save the seats the ss models are not all that much nicer than the base models

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RusCar